WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How many people enjoyed

Go down 
+2
skarekr0
HacidicEnforcer
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

Number of posts : 128
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2009-01-04

How many people enjoyed Empty
PostSubject: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 8:34 pm

our UPS lab tonight?

I actually had a ton of fun, DESPITE the beeping and stuff.

And the IIS lab was pretty peachy in and of itself too!

I sense MCP class is becoming a more lighthearted and easier class cause we are doing more hands-on labs than A+. I really enjoyed accessing my neighbor's printers and I have been having a lot of fun with our laptop builds and other stuff. I can't wait to learn more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hacidicenforcer
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:55 am

Now if we could just teach our teacher the difference between seriousness and joking....

Last edited by skarekr0 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 1:12 am

how so?

what do you mean?

who the Censored keeps pissing him off and making us have to stay late?
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:10 am

Yeah, that's what im talking about. See, 90% of the comments our class makes is out of playfulness, it's not serious and I think he's taking it as though it were and stressing himself out more than he needs to be over some dumb shit.
Back to top Go down
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 9:58 am

But didn't he say something about how that person needs to stop trying to manage the class? I think someone kept telling him it's time to go on break or go home or something, which I know if I was him, I'd get pissed off too. I think that might have been why he asked how many breaks Rosas gave us.

I say, just let the man teach and stop nagging him about what time it is and he will be a bit easier on us as far as breaks and stuff.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 10:57 am

HacidicEnforcer wrote:
But didn't he say something about how that person needs to stop trying to manage the class? I think someone kept telling him it's time to go on break or go home or something, which I know if I was him, I'd get pissed off too. I think that might have been why he asked how many breaks Rosas gave us.

I say, just let the man teach and stop nagging him about what time it is and he will be a bit easier on us as far as breaks and stuff.

Yeah, that's what he was talking about and that's what i'm talking about. When the guy asked if it was time to go, it was no where near time to leave, which obviously meant it was a joke... a bad joke... but a joke none the less.
As far as breaks go, I don't normally ask until close to ten minutes after it was time for break and the main reason for that is just to make sure he didn't lose track of time because sometimes he gets pretty involved with what he's doing. It'd be different if we repeatedly asked, but come on, one person asking once?
Now if he's in the middle of lecture and I can tell he's trying to get through (like the other night when everyone kept bothering him) then i'll try to wait it out, but when were working at our own pace and he's trying to do something for someone else and he has his head in it, then im going to call it to his attention to make sure he didn't forget.

It boils down to this, we can either joke with him or we cant and you know, sometimes people get disgruntled and randomly lose their sense of humor, but give us a heads up at least...

Last edited by skarekr0 on Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:01 am

Sounds like I picked the wrong night to not come to class. Stupid stupid stupid stupid. Anyway, what all did we cover? IIS and UPS's? Are they part of Monday's test I assume?
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:06 am

I have a pretty good study guide if you need it. I'll type it up and send it to you so that you are prepared on monday. And last night wasn't bad, there was nothing eventful, just some guy opened his mouth trying to be funny and pissed off the teacher... which then the teacher caused himself to suffer for it... It's kind of funny because they call me a masochist... Laughing
And yeah, we basically set up an IIS server so that we could "print" from the web and then did a lab with an UPS.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 am

Interesting. Yeah, that study guide would be awesome if you could send it to me. I had a horrible day like ive never had a horrible day before and I was just not right last night so I wouldnt of learned anything anyway. Oh well, enough excuses, time to be learnt.
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:12 pm

I hope you are okay...

just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KZ2EVIDDbY
Back to top Go down
|<0rrupT$ect0r
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:52 pm

after dealing with Mr. Gulick for a few quarters i can say you might want to rethink you opinion. That really bugs him for some reason. There were nites he would keep us till 10:10 on the dot because people kept wanting to go home. Same with breaks, he is fair just give him a chance
Back to top Go down
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 6:09 pm

I agree with you.

I believe if we just leave him alone and stop bugging him for breaks and stuff, we might find he's a bit more easier to deal with.

Just let him teach. He's busting his ass to teach us everything we need to learn as fast as he can and make sure we get it. It's like Rosas, how he can get carried away on a topic. Or Padgett and his tangents about resistors and loaded voltage.

Each teacher has his/ her own style. Let them teach you and eventually the breaks will come.

If you can't sit for more than an hour of lecture without a cigarette, maybe you should consider quitting? Find a different vice?

And if you have a date that night and were hoping to get out early, maybe you should consider taking one of the breaks to call or something.

Yeah, that night when he said we'd get out early I was excited cause it meant I'd get to get some laundry done and talk to my bf for a little longer, but hey, no complaints here. I sat there and enjoyed the rest of our labs.

There are things you can joke about, I am finding out, with Mr. Guilick. Breaks and leaving early are not them. Nor are the jokes we used to crack in Rosas's or Padgett's class that are considered "colorful".

I guess because of what happened with the one student, all our teacher's are starting to calm down and crack down on the joking manner. I have noticed how much tamer our classes have gotten. And I don't mind hearing a real slick comment or jab, even if it is directed at me. After all, I am a woman in a man's world. Bring it.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 12:31 am

I had a whole freaking book typed out and accidentally hit back on my mouse, needless to say, im not retyping it. I'll just put the basic points out there as they need to be.

I am not saying that he is unfair or anything of that nature, what im saying is that basically, It's not just a matter of "us not getting him", it's also a matter of him "not getting us". I would understand if someone was trying to tell him what to do or being disrespectful about it, but when it's a blatant joke, it should be taken as such and all I was saying is that I thought it was causing him unnecesarry stress.
What it boils down to is that we need to find common ground. Tonight for example was a great night, Mr.Gulick was in a good mood, everyone else was in a good mood and we had our "fun", but when it came time for us to go over the chapter, everyone chilled out and let him do his thing.

And for the record, telling me to find another "vice", I think perhaps you should climb down off of your horse... We all have our "vices". I could go on, but i'll leave it at that to avoid any "offensiveness" even though it wouldn't be intended as such.

As for it being a man's world, it hasn't been a man's world since the late 90's. The sex card is just as bad as the race card, but that's a different discussion. Wink
Back to top Go down
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 1:37 am

Sweetie, I wasn't referring to you when I said that about the vices. You are the most unviced person I know and you just sit there and wait patiently, but there are others I have noticed that aren't as calm as you are.

I know I have my vices. I am not on a horse at all. I never said I was better than you and you should know me well enough by now that I would not be talking about you, as you and I have seemed to get along in the past and you have helped me out greatly when I had trouble with the stupid computer meltdowns.

Tonight was very enjoyable up until chapter. I couldn't keep my neck from wanting to fall over. I think I zoned out a bit, but I tried hard to focus. I really did. I think I spent more time trying to figure out how he could tap the board and make his computer respond than I did learning about ACE's and stuff. It just flew right over my head because it was a wee bit too tough for me.

But no worries, that is why I have a book to study, yes?
Back to top Go down
Custom_Bladez
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
Custom_Bladez

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 3:24 am

Hope all works out for everyone..Take care and I will miss you all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/compu_techz
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:38 am

where you going?
Back to top Go down
Custom_Bladez
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
Custom_Bladez

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 9:51 am

Ha There was alot more to my post, but apparently some little prick didn't like what I had to say so they deleted my post with the exception of the last line, talk about censorship...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/compu_techz
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 10:59 am

oh, so email it to me, if you want.....
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 11:23 am

Custom_Bladez wrote:
Ha There was alot more to my post, but apparently some little prick didn't like what I had to say so they deleted my post with the exception of the last line, talk about censorship...

I sent you an email explaining why... Please read it.
Back to top Go down
|<0rrupT$ect0r
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:38 pm

Is it weird how a statement meant to enlighten people sometime turns into a mess. Goes to show how a few words here and there can lead to unnecessary problems. Maybe there is an underlying meaning or reason you have not seen yet.

“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way.”
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyTue Feb 24, 2009 4:57 pm

You have no idea how correct you are.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 1:45 am

Here you go.How many people enjoyed Bladez10
Back to top Go down
|<0rrupT$ect0r
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 8:56 am

Sounds like someone is actually just pissed off like they could not do things their own way. Maybe what they got away with in other classes. But as things go, he is the only one missing out. Many people have learned many things from Mr. G. Maybe he does not need that extra education, sounds like he is already the smartest technician alive. Maybe that extra feeling was that of someone actually learning and trying, it can be extremely hard for some people.

Sorry for the extra sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:16 am

I have a problem with people not taking responsibility for their own actions. It's a little disturbing to me that someone would let one person (who isn't near as bad as half of the people that we are going to encounter in the field) effect their future, and saying that someone MADE you quit... is a little absurd, but I suppose it's his future.

I also have a hard time understanding why people can't talk to other people about what's bothering them, 9 times out of 10, talking to the person about the situation will typically resolve the issue as long as you aren't belligerent about it.
Back to top Go down
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 10:25 am

Dude, I seriously thought he was an okay guy, but if one problem in class is going to cause a meltdown and the eventual "quittage", maybe this isn't the right time for him?

I mean, I remember when it got so hard in Mr. P's class with the taunting and difficulty of the resistors and I bore the brunt of the jokes (which I knew to be all in fun) but one day it got to be too much and I walked out of class and cooled down and came back the next day.

I have had so many reasons to quit. Being nearly evicted on the first week of MCP, having 2 damn ER trips, no job, no gas, nothing, but damn it, when Mr. Guilick stood there next to me explaining the assignments I was missing and I told him I was on the verge of dropping out, he said something to me that makes me WANT to stay and succeed. "You are talking to the wrong teacher, cause I refuse to let you drop out. You will learn and you will succeed. I won't let my students give up."

Hence, even with the headaches and the constant feeling of air and blonde inside my head, I push through with the rest of the class, stealing help when I can.

One bad day does not constitute a quit. My life has been tossed upside down quite often since starting school, but I am staying the course cause the teachers I HAVE had make me look forward to the teachers I WILL have. They want nothing more than for us to succeed. WTI might charge us WAY too much for a $5 soldering iron, but the teachers are worth every damn penny. IMHO.

I am glad I chose WTI. I love the fact that they don't branch out and teach more than a few courses cause it allows them to focus on those courses and makes them the best school for the task. Why go to a school that teaches EVERYTHING under the sun when all you want to do is learn a specific trade? It's be like going to a taco shop and ordering the lasagna. (It's my mom's saying, not mine.)

I have loved every person I have met in WTI. Everyone has helped me so much and I have learned not just from my teachers, but from my fellow classmates.

I wish you all luck and success! Keep up the good work and don't let ANYTHING get you down! Own this education and rock the foundations when you leave!

Last edited by HacidicEnforcer on Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many people enjoyed   How many people enjoyed Empty

Back to top Go down

How many people enjoyed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next