WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

specs for desktop built in A+ class?

Go down 
+2
HacidicEnforcer
TheManTheLEGEND
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheManTheLEGEND
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-29

specs for desktop built in A+ class? Empty
PostSubject: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Just curious about the specs on the PC that students build in A+ Class. Pretty up to date with latest technology or just a simple computer built to learn? Beta
Back to top Go down
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

Number of posts : 128
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 4:30 pm

The computer you build is better than an e-Machine or Gateway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hacidicenforcer
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 5:30 pm

HacidicEnforcer wrote:
The computer you build is better than an e-Machine or Gateway.

Uhm.....yeah, about that, thats a prety bad statement to make. Its not better than some High end or even some mid end Gateways or some more expensive e-machines for that matter. Heres the specs and the approx price you could pay for each part Wink

Gigabyte ATX Motherboard (very standard mobo) $40
AM2 5200+ X2 $60
2GB of Generic DDR2800 (halfheight) $20-$25
250gb SataII Hdd $40
Generic ATX Case and Power Supply $35
Samsung DVD+-RW (ide) $20
Generic Floppy $5
Generic 56k $5
7200SE $25

Total $255
And the best part, they are charging us $700 for these bad boys Hang

By the time you get there they will be different though.
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
TheManTheLEGEND
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:28 pm

WOW. my excitment to move on to that class just went down to beyond unexcited. Sad why in the WORLD would there be a 56k modem installed? LOL thats incredible.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:07 am

TheManTheLEGEND wrote:
WOW. my excitment to move on to that class just went down to beyond unexcited. Sad why in the WORLD would there be a 56k modem installed? LOL thats incredible.

For the same reason we are still using an E-IDE cd-rom... Training purposes mainly so that you know how to correctly install and configure these things. They aren't suppose to be gaming rigs, they are suppose to suit the common need of an everyday household and there are still people on Dial up.
Back to top Go down
kornkid010
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
kornkid010

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:43 pm

Meh. Dont suppose we get slap it together the first day. I think i might swap that 5200 x2 with my 4000 x2 lol. man we are getting ripped off. But its not the slowest computer in the world. I mean its better than my computer. I also saw they are charging us like 45 dollars for a 2gb flash drive. lol.
Back to top Go down
Custom_Bladez
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
Custom_Bladez

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:16 pm

Yeah, Sad but most likely true as we are way overpaying for everything, including somes salary. confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/compu_techz

PostSubject: Re: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 11:20 pm

kornkid010 wrote:
Meh. Dont suppose we get slap it together the first day. I think i might swap that 5200 x2 with my 4000 x2 lol. man we are getting ripped off. But its not the slowest computer in the world. I mean its better than my computer. I also saw they are charging us like 45 dollars for a 2gb flash drive. lol.
You don't get to modify it until after A+
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: specs for desktop built in A+ class?   specs for desktop built in A+ class? Empty

Back to top Go down

specs for desktop built in A+ class?
Page 1 of 1