WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vista Remote Desktop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
loquito
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 15
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Vista Remote Desktop Empty
PostSubject: Vista Remote Desktop   Vista Remote Desktop EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 12:25 am

Ok... Here's the deal... My home comupter sucks Censored as it is a rebuilt e-machines p.o.s. with Vista Home Premium...

My problem is that Remote Desktop is not available in any of the Home versions of Vista, and I would really like very much to be able to remote into this system from school to start downloads that I'm tired of doing while I'm at home...lol as they take forever, and I like to do other stuff on it when I get home... I have tried to download the Regedit for it and it still doesnt connect... It says that the service is starting... but then it says that service is not listening on port 3389. Sleep

If anyone knows a way to remote into this machine please let me know, or maybe there is another program that would let me accomplish this...?

Thanks! Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head Bang Head
Back to top Go down
loquito
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

PostSubject: Re: Vista Remote Desktop   Vista Remote Desktop EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Ok... for the record this is not possible unless you install and configure a third party software... No longer a problem... I just sold the computer and started to build a new one with XP that would do what I want it to do ... lol
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Vista Remote Desktop   Vista Remote Desktop EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:52 am

I actually have a program that ill bring with me today called "anyplace". Its a great application and allows you to Remote into your pc without the need to even log out as well as transfering files to the local machine or vice versa through the client.
Back to top Go down
loquito
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

PostSubject: Re: Vista Remote Desktop   Vista Remote Desktop EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:31 pm

I'll definately have to check it out... do you need to configure it on both machines?
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Vista Remote Desktop   Vista Remote Desktop EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Yeah, but its not that difficult. All you really need to do is configure the ports and password on the host side and the client connects to your ip, you insert your pass and your good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vista Remote Desktop   Vista Remote Desktop Empty

Back to top Go down

Vista Remote Desktop
Page 1 of 1