WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

For all the ET Students that haven't had this class yet.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ictgeek
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

For all the ET Students that haven't had this class yet. Empty
PostSubject: For all the ET Students that haven't had this class yet.   For all the ET Students that haven't had this class yet. EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:01 am

For me this has been a bird class because of past experiences but I will tell you this is one of the most interesting classes you will take outside of Automated Control Systems. My class is the last class that will go into detailed NTSC Television because of the digital switch coming next month but don't think you won't cover some of it.

When you get to telephone and PBX systems you will get to play with a toy i designed hanging on the wall if they get the last piece i need to me in the next 8 days. Razz It is designed to teach you about PBX, POTS, and VoIP Telephony systems and is already configured, But anyone that has experience with Asterisk PBX is more then welcome to tweak it further.

Your FCC Test is the biggest deal in this school hands down, don't let people tell you the CET is more important. Your FCC License is Internationally Recognized vs the CET which is more of a regional Cert. If you would like a copy of the Study Guide for the FCC that was provided to me by another former Student which covers 99% of the questions you will see on the FCC Test at WTi email me and I will get you a copy.

You will breeze through the alarm systems portion of the program as there isn't to much to it except programming it. Networking is also breezed through as it seems that Mr Hull doesn't know a whole lot about it. You will need to be able to build a patch cable and you learn how to make fiber terminations. Thats about it, good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down

For all the ET Students that haven't had this class yet.
Page 1 of 1