WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need Help!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
j0angel
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
j0angel

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Need Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Need Help!!!   Need Help!!! EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:16 pm

I have two laptops that I want to try and fix. Thing is I don't have a clue what to do! One's a IBM ThinkPad and the other is a Sony "circle, almost a J, squiggly line with a dot". Laughing They both power up but after that all I get is a black screen that says "Error Loading Operating System". Oh yeah, the Sony one makes some clicking sounds also while its on. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it....Thanks.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Need Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!!!   Need Help!!! EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:29 pm

j0angel wrote:
I have two laptops that I want to try and fix. Thing is I don't have a clue what to do! One's a IBM ThinkPad and the other is a Sony "circle, almost a J, squiggly line with a dot". Laughing They both power up but after that all I get is a black screen that says "Error Loading Operating System". Oh yeah, the Sony one makes some clicking sounds also while its on. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it....Thanks.

"error loading operating system" means that either the Hard drive is not plugged in correctly, The OS is missing necessary files or it doesn't have an OS on it all. If you have the OS disc, Trying doing a system repair, if not your best bet with that is going to be doing a fresh install of a new OS.
The Clicking sound on your Sony sounds like a Hard Drive problem. It's either already dead or its going to die soon. Best bet would be to replace it.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228

Need Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!!!   Need Help!!! EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:46 pm

skarekr0 wrote:
j0angel wrote:

"error loading operating system" means that either the Hard drive is not plugged in correctly, The OS is missing necessary files or it doesn't have an OS on it all. If you have the OS disc, Trying doing a system repair, if not your best bet with that is going to be doing a fresh install of a new OS.
The Clicking sound on your Sony sounds like a Hard Drive problem. It's either already dead or its going to die soon. Best bet would be to replace it.

dito
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
j0angel
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
j0angel

Number of posts : 3

Need Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Need Help!!!   Need Help!!! EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks for the help. But where would I get an OS thingy?
Back to top Go down
Chutson
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
Chutson

Number of posts : 76

Need Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!!!   Need Help!!! EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:19 pm

j0angel wrote:
Thanks for the help. But where would I get an OS thingy?

Need Help!!! Phail

Just kidding, lol! You can either purchase an OS (Operating System: Windows 2000/XP, Vista) or you can get them from other sources.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228

Need Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!!!   Need Help!!! EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:22 pm

Honestly man, I dont really think yo should be messing with these laptops if you dont know what an OS is. Not to say your an idiot, but someone can really F up a pc if they dont know what they are doing....a la The Michelin Man Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
ictgeek
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Need Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!!!   Need Help!!! EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:51 pm

give the guy a break he is trying to learn here (exactly why everyone is in this school). Granted he may not know what an "OS disk" is but now would be a great time to introduce a n00b to ubuntu linux Twisted Evil (hence FREE OS) and maybe give these folks around here a good run for their windows money LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Need Help!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need Help!!!   Need Help!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTI Student Forum's :: Controlled Chaos :: Projects-
Jump to: