WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fallout 3 performance issues

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
zaniaac
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
zaniaac

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Fallout 3 performance issues Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:09 pm

I recently bought Fallout 3 for PC, I have a decent rig and I was wondering why im having issues with the game. I will be playing with a constant 60fps on ultra high setting then bam! drop to about 24fps scratch and never goes back up again, until I restart the game. I think its the game, not my cards. Any suggestions?
System specs:
Core 2 Extreme Qaud core 3.0ghz
Two Radeon HD 3870x2's in Crossfire
Intel DX8BT motherboard
4gb of DDR3 Sdram (Corsair XMS3 1033)
750w Pc power and cooling Powersupply
20x cdrom/dvd rom burner
Windows Vista 32bit
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Standard answers that you have probably already thought of...

1. Update your video card drivers
2. Reinstall the game
3. Is it at the same spot each time? Maybe that part is bugged?
4. Have you checked your memory usage? Yes you have 4gb but maybe fo3 has a huge memory leak...
5. Defrag lately? Silly but it helps Smile
6. Is it only this game? How does your rig handle a resource hog like crysis?
7. Have you checked your temps? two 3870x2's can get kinda toasty, dont want to overheat them.

Anyway, im sure youve checked most of that already but a second look never hurts.
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
zaniaac
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
zaniaac

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:29 pm

Yes, recently updated to 8.12 drivers, Reinstalled the game, Anywhere in the wasteland, My Ram ussage is about 60%, My computer defrags every monday, Crysis is a RAM hog goes up to about 85% (barely uses my CPU), and my cooling is fine. I vacum out my computer every time I vacum my house.
Back to top Go down
zaniaac
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
zaniaac

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Could it be that the 3870x2 is a considered a Dual GPU card? And that the Game isnt taking full advanage of the that? or Crossfire for that matter? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Not quite sure what else you can do man. Definatly not something youve done. I would say maybe Fallout 3 doesnt like ATI but ive got a 4830 in my rig that runs it at ultra high with great FPS. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:41 pm

zaniaac wrote:
Could it be that the 3870x2 is a considered a Dual GPU card? And that the Game isnt taking full advanage of the that? or Crossfire for that matter? Shocked

Might be. Do you have two 3870x2's or two 3870's in crossfire or one 3870x2?
Back to top Go down
zaniaac
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
zaniaac

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 pm

I have 2 3870X2's in Crossfire. Everygame runs fanstastic, except for Fallout 3, hell I get better fPS in crysis then I do Fallout 3 lol.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 5:31 pm

That IS strange. Not sure what to tell you man.
Back to top Go down
zaniaac
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
zaniaac

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:04 pm

I guess wait until Bethsenda comes out with a fix for it. I can play Supreme Commander Forged Allaince with my Core 2 extreme lol What a Face
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Honestly, Id mark it up to heat since you are running crossfire however, if you are saying that it runs crysis fine, then im not entirely sure. Id say invest in a program such as everest, Speedfan or Rivatuner and monitor your card and ambient temperatures.
If you think its the Crossfire set up messing with it and try running it on a single card to determine if that's the problem or not.
Back to top Go down
TheFondler
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
TheFondler

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: @ Zan   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Zan just give your comp some lovin... it will have to submit to the wang and allow you to play your game in peace. with that said a good fondle wouldn't do any harm either.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 10:00 pm

To further add to the above post and one of the reasons I personally dislike SLI and Crossfire systems is because the GPU's are so close together that the heat rising from the bottom card tends to rise and effect the upper level card causing stability issues, which is why I say check your temps.
Back to top Go down
zaniaac
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
zaniaac

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 11:30 pm

Yes you are correct, my two cards in crossfire are about an inch apart. I do Riva tuner. My ATI CCC says they run about 70c when Idoling. when playing a game like Crysis hower, they run about 83c. I think that Fallout 3 does not support Crossfire because if it did, my cards would be kicking the living *%$ Twisted Evil out of Fallout3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 performance issues   Fallout 3 performance issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 performance issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTI Student Forum's :: Controlled Chaos :: Video Games-
Jump to: