WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gateway Gone Wild

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Ok, I need to vent for a second. I purchased a Gateway p-6831fx from BestBuy in February of 08. Well in mid October the motherboard died. I sent it in to Gateway/Acer support a week later so probably around the 20th and they got it on I believe the 22nd.

Well on the 10th of November I sent them this message.
"Just wondering what is going on with the status of my p-6831fx"

They said;
"Thank you for contacting Gateway. I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Your computer is still in repair, however, there may be a delay in its completion as service center is still waiting for the arrival of a replacement part required to fix your computer. Unfortunately, the replacement part is backordered. Please allow another 5-7 business days for an update. Thank you for your patience."

I waited until the 24th to send this message.
"It has been 2 weeks since my last inquiry. May I please know the status of my laptop?"

They said;
"Thank you for contacting Gateway. I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. In checking our database, I have found that your system is still under repair in our Depot. Kindly allow another 7 to 14 days for a relevant movement on the status. Please note that this timeframe is only an estimate and your status repair could be earlier or later than the said period. We need to assure you that the repair of your system is important to us and has been placed on the highest priority. In case your system is repaired earlier, rest assured that we will not hesitate to provide shipment immediately. I do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience."

I then waited until the 6th of December to ask this question.
"I would like the actual status update on my machine. It has been at your facility more than 3 weeks and all that I have heard is that you are "working on it." Can someone please tell me what was wrong with it? I am 90% sure the motherboard had gone out but I would just like to know where you are at in the process of getting it fixed. Please do not say "our records indicate," as I would like a real answer."

They said;
"Thank you for contacting Gateway. I apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Regarding your inquiry with the repair status of the notebook computer, I have checked the records and the system is still on our repair depot as the replacement motherboard needed for your system is still on backorder. However, the part needed has been prioritized to speed up the repair process of your computer."

Upset, I then said...
"Wait, so what your saying is that my replacement motherboard is on backorder and nothing has been done with the laptop in the past 4 weeks? I was told to wait a week for the replacement board 3 weeks ago. I need to know what else can be done. This is 4 weeks with absolutely no progress. I need some sort of serious time table. If this cannot be done than I would like a laptop tradeup or some sort of Gateway credit. This is getting quite ridiculous. 4 weeks with not one thing done? Wow."

They said;
"I apologize but the replacement motherboard is still on backorder as of now. I recommend that you contact our phone support to have this issue escalated with a level 2 technician. I apologize but there is no escalation path in this online forum. For contact information, please visit the link provided in the previous response."

Ok, so yesterday, (almost two weeks after the last inquiry) I called their customer support line. The person I spoke with said that the motherboard was still on backorder and I needed to speak with Level 2 support if I had more questions. Well I called level 2 support later that day and "Cole" told me that a motherboard had arrived yesterday and the laptop would be shipped today so I should call back for a tracking number.

I called today and after waiting another 30 minutes to talk to someone, I believe I (talked to steve today), [color="Yellow"]he told me that my replacement motherboard was DOA. Dead On FRICKIN Arrival! So now they have to wait on another shipment of motherboards before they will do anything. He said it was impossible for him to ship me out a replacement laptop and that hopefully the part arrives at the end of the month.

He said 5-8 days for another board.

I said that's what you told me a month and a half ago.
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 6:48 pm

ouch.

I hope you get everything relatively faster now.

Could you cancel it and get your money back?

Would you want to?
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 7:08 pm

im with her on this one. It's a bad sign when the Replacement board is DOA. I'd demand my money back in full depending on when you got it. If it was relatively new and the damage was through no fault of your own (which I know it wasnt') Your best bet is to go with a different brand. When all else threaten them with lawsuits, media and other things that will get negative attention directed towards them, theyll typically comply with your requests. Id make up something to the effect of "its the only computer I have and I need it for school" or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 9:22 pm

I actually made a complaint with the BBB. Never done that before but I did in this instance. I bought the laptop 10 months ago. Definitely not going to get my money back.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild EmptyFri Dec 19, 2008 10:19 pm

I really dont know what else you could do, I know I wont be buying a gateway, ever.
Back to top Go down
Chutson
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
Chutson

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-12-10

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 12:01 am

WOW. That sucks bro! lol!
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:34 pm

What did the BBB say?
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild EmptySat Dec 20, 2008 1:43 pm

Nothing yet. I will probably get the laptop back before they say anything. They usually just forward the claim to the companies themsleves anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gateway Gone Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gateway Gone Wild   Gateway Gone Wild Empty

Back to top Go down

Gateway Gone Wild
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTI Student Forum's :: Controlled Chaos :: Tech Talk-
Jump to: