WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My New School PC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-09

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 10:31 am

This isnt really a project but I thought I would share. I will be bringing my current HTPC to school to use as my School PC next quarter. To get a basic idea of what it looks like(except now it has a much smaller HSF) check out the tech talk forums. But this means that I will no longer have an HTPC at home. Well I cant just take school pc home and use it as an htpc as its too big to fit in the slot that I need it too. Well Im buying a mini-atx case and transfering everything but the Motherboard, Video card, and 56k modem to it. Heres what it will look like.

My New School PC 9225_1

This is a barebones pc made by Asus called the T3. Here is a link to some more in depth pictures at newegg. As you can see that front cover slides down to reveal some usb's, firewire, audio, and card readers which I think is pretty awesome.

Newegg Link

Now I just have to figure out how im going to mod the case, muahaha.
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 10:40 am

The case is pretty nice though very minimalistic, I cant wait to see what you do with it. Honestly, I plan on parting out the pc we built at school in order to build an htpc for school, perhaps you should consider doing the same?
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 10:54 am

Im actually going for minimalistic. Its all about making the wife happy. She doesnt like the way the current one looks as it is too "techie" for her. This one will look much less like a gaming monstrosity sitting under out tv and more like a piece of audio/video hardware.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Have you considered one of those htpc cases that look more like stereo equipment?
My New School PC 11-129-054-05
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129054
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:04 pm

A couple things....

1. Its all about money
2. The typical htpc style will not fit where the pc will be
3. Its all about money
4. The purchase has already been made
5. Its all about money
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:23 pm

Jlong wrote:
A couple things....

1. Its all about money
2. The typical htpc style will not fit where the pc will be
3. Its all about money
4. The purchase has already been made
5. Its all about money
"did I mention it's all about money?"

Thats cool, I was just wondering if you had considered it. I digg the case you've picked out too though, the reason I was asking was because you had mentioned making the wife happy with something that fit under the tv.
What do you have in mind for your case and when is it going to arrive?
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 2:46 pm

Well the case will be here just after christmas more than likely but I wont be able to use it until we go to the next class since we cant make any changes to our pc's until then. For right now, ive thought about just keeping with the minimalistic approach and just adding a 120 onto the side much like I did with my other case. Now the real question is what am I going to do with that one(the one in the other thread that im going to use as my school pc)? I dont want to get too crazy with mods but so far all ive come up with is to add a scythe speaker box into one of the 5.25" bays.
Back to top Go down
ictgeek
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:03 pm

just keep in mind that that 7300 they give you in class (unless it has changed from when I was in A+) will barely do HDTV and is a POS in terms if pushing SDTV via the S-Video. I will have to double check but i don't think the 7300 is HDCP Compliant either which means no Blue Ray for you!
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 2:07 pm

lol, no way i would even consider using a 7300 to push HD video. It does not do hd processing on the gpu. If you look at my sig, you will see that I have a hd3450, which you can pair with pretty much any processor(like a cheapo $30 amd) and do HD since it processes hd on the GPU. SO BLU RAY FOR ME! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My New School PC Empty
PostSubject: Re: My New School PC   My New School PC Empty

Back to top Go down

My New School PC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTI Student Forum's :: Controlled Chaos :: Projects-
Jump to: