WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Series-Parallel Circuits help

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Series-Parallel Circuits help Empty
PostSubject: Series-Parallel Circuits help   Series-Parallel Circuits help EmptySat May 09, 2009 10:05 am

Can anyone help me understand how to do the various calculations for series-parallel? I think at one point that I understand and then I lose it. I've tried using Grobs as a study guide, but it looks like they do it different. I've got a headache and my eyes hurt...and I think Mr. P. is losing patience with me. Bang Head
Back to top Go down
amc120
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Series-Parallel Circuits help   Series-Parallel Circuits help EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi, I hear ya. I know I have an dent in my head from trying to understand them. haha I wrote the rules together on an index card for quick reference. and rearranged the order a little to help me keep them straight. For example power is the same on both-additive, resistance is additive on both too, but uses the recipocal formula on parallel. I remembered the difference because parallel looks like 1s and you use 1s in the formula. Then voltage and current are opposites between parallel and series. So if you memerize one of them, you know the other one is opposite. As for current flow, you can see on the drawing if it has one or many paths. Hope this helps a little and hang in there... the light bulb will go on...eventually... Smile I also used the workbook, and went in for extra help on some fridays. that helps too. oh and get extra copies of the hand ins to practice and check your answers. good luck.. alien
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series-Parallel Circuits help   Series-Parallel Circuits help EmptySat May 09, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks, I have problems after I compute the Rt. I can't seem to remember how to compute I at the first split. After I can get the I at the first split I'm O.K. for the rest of the problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Series-Parallel Circuits help   Series-Parallel Circuits help EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:41 am

O.K. I think I got it now. We'll see tomorrow night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series-Parallel Circuits help   Series-Parallel Circuits help Empty

Back to top Go down

Series-Parallel Circuits help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTI Student Forum's :: ET Classes :: Fundamentals-
Jump to: