WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who spends too much money on pc equipment?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Who spends too much money on pc equipment? Empty
PostSubject: Who spends too much money on pc equipment?   Who spends too much money on pc equipment? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 1:47 pm

I do, thats who Sad . I just bought a q9550 for my school rig. Will i ever use the processing power it is capable of? Heck no. But im an upgrader. Thats what I do. I cant not upgrade. Its a disease. Oh well, Im sure il be happy with a 4ghz quad Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.

PostSubject: Re: Who spends too much money on pc equipment?   Who spends too much money on pc equipment? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:35 pm

Jlong wrote:
I do, thats who Sad . I just bought a q9550 for my school rig. Will i ever use the processing power it is capable of? Heck no. But im an upgrader. Thats what I do. I cant not upgrade. Its a disease. Oh well, Im sure il be happy with a 4ghz quad Smile

Actually, I think you are going to be surprised at how much a
difference over the dual core is going to be.. I know I certainly was,
regardless of whether or not the entire CPU is actually being used, the
extra two cores do help performance wise.

Congrats on the purchase and after you get it set up and play with it a little, let me know what you think.

Oh, and believe me, I feel your pain.

Last edited by skarekr0 on Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

PostSubject: Re: Who spends too much money on pc equipment?   Who spends too much money on pc equipment? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Oh you will now. Because as soon as i get it where I want it, we are having a showdown. I want to see just how BA your 920 is...... Muahahaha
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: Who spends too much money on pc equipment?   Who spends too much money on pc equipment? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:40 pm

Jlong wrote:
Oh you will now. Because as soon as i get it where I want it, we are having a showdown. I want to see just how BA your 920 is...... Muahahaha

I don't want to make you feel bad about your purchase. After reorganizing my entire media library in under three minutes... I have to say that im certainly impressed especially considering the amount of time it took my quad to do less files in a dramatically longer amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

PostSubject: Re: Who spends too much money on pc equipment?   Who spends too much money on pc equipment? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Eh, we will see. Although, I have no doubts yours will win. But you have to look at it this way, I paid $230 for a q9550. How much did you pay for your mobo, ram, and 920? hmmmmmmm?
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: Who spends too much money on pc equipment?   Who spends too much money on pc equipment? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 pm

Who spends too much money on pc equipment? 10h4xh5
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

PostSubject: Re: Who spends too much money on pc equipment?   Who spends too much money on pc equipment? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 pm

Technically, My CPU cost me a little over $50 more than yours. The price on the Motherboard and Ram could have both been brought down by going with different brands I would still get the 920's Performance and honestly, the 920 would operate better with a single stick of 2 GB of RAM over the 6 that I have installed because of the latency, I just choose to over shoot because I tax the ram pretty fast, The RAM in a system is typically my biggest obstacle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who spends too much money on pc equipment?   Who spends too much money on pc equipment? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who spends too much money on pc equipment?
Page 1 of 1