WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installing windows

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
|<0rrupT$ect0r
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 4:00 pm

Is anyone else tired of installing windows. I mean we get the point lets move on.

Last edited by |&lt;0rrupT$ect0r on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

Number of posts : 128
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 4:14 pm

yes. quite annoying. But I guess they want to MAKE sure we know ALL the ways to install that damn OS.

And watch.

Our first jobs?

The damn computers will be MACs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hacidicenforcer
Custom_Bladez
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
Custom_Bladez

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 1:27 am

That's a good one and you're probably right lol"
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/compu_techz
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:11 am

Why Yes, Yes I am as a matter of fact, but that's only because I have to constantly install it while im not in school and then go to school and install it. But I am appreciating learning the different methods to installing windows and look on the bright side, they could have given us four gigs of ram and wanted us to install Vista x64.

HacidicEnforcer wrote:
yes. quite annoying. But I guess they want to MAKE sure we know ALL the ways to install that damn OS.

And watch.

Our first jobs?

The damn computers will be MACs.
lol!
Back to top Go down

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 10:21 am

No no don't be silly
our first jobs will involve working with Linux Servers, and we will never see a windows server in our entire career.
Back to top Go down
HacidicEnforcer
WTI Regular
WTI Regular
HacidicEnforcer

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:20 am

hunterrose wrote:
No no don't be silly
our first jobs will involve working with Linux Servers, and we will never see a windows server in our entire career.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I never thought of that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hacidicenforcer
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:56 am

Actually, you'd be surprised. If you think about it, most corportations are very tech illiterate and don't understand the risks of actually using a Windows Server because they don't necesarrilly have to worry about someone breaching their security due to it not being out in the public. Linux servers are typically used more for the likes of Web Hosting and Databases that the public has to access on a regular basis because it's more secure.

If you are going to be Admin or equivalent for an industrial corporation such as Koch, then you're more than likely looking at a Windows Environment.
Just about every industrial corporation that i've worked for used a windows environment.
Back to top Go down

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 12:01 pm

skarekr0 wrote:
Actually, you'd be surprised. If you think about it, most corportations are very tech illiterate and don't understand the risks of actually using a Windows Server because they don't necesarrilly have to worry about someone breaching their security due to it not being out in the public. Linux servers are typically used more for the likes of Web Hosting and Databases that the public has to access on a regular basis because it's more secure.

If you are going to be Admin or equivalent for an industrial corporation such as Koch, then you're more than likely looking at a Windows Environment.
Just about every industrial corporation that i've worked for used a windows environment.
It was being stated more as a quote of irony than seriousness
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:01 pm

I know but I have to maintain my reputation as a Thread Killer
Back to top Go down

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 2:08 pm

Then it shall be a battle
because I am a
Installing windows Smiley_troll Thread Hijacked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Installing windows Empty
PostSubject: Re: Installing windows   Installing windows Empty

Back to top Go down

Installing windows
Page 1 of 1