WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intro soon to be outro

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ictgeek
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Intro soon to be outro Empty
PostSubject: Intro soon to be outro   Intro soon to be outro EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 7:25 pm

hey everyone so far it seems that i am the only late timer here.

Name: Billy Gilliland

Course of Study: Electronics Technology

Start Date: September 2007

Current Class: Communications / FCC License (My Last Class cheers )

Background:

I came out of almost 13 years of IT work and got tired of the run around that comes with it in Wichita and KC. My last position in IT was with The Boeing Company in the data center and was laid off when they moved the facility to St. Louis. I now work on full motion flight simulators for FlightSafety International and have been with them for 3.5 years. I came to wti because it will further my position with FlightSafety and get me a nice raise (not to mention they are paying for it).

for the A+ folks I am the guy that tested out of Rosas class that he likes to talk about.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Intro soon to be outro   Intro soon to be outro EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 am

Hello and Welcome to the boards. It's good to see some E.T. people on here. As far as who you are, You are a very distinguishable character (in a good way) and I recall having a few conversations with you. On a few occasions i've heard you talking outside the "windows" realm and while I have wanted to pay attention and join in the discussion, I haven't had time, but what I heard made me smile.
A very intelligent move, going from I.T. to E.T. for one reason and one reason alone, You can never have too much knowledge and hell, after you graduate, you can pretty much do whatever you want.
Back to top Go down
ictgeek
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Intro soon to be outro   Intro soon to be outro EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 1:35 pm

skarekr0 wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the boards. It's good to see some E.T. people on here. As far as who you are, You are a very distinguishable character (in a good way) and I recall having a few conversations with you. On a few occasions i've heard you talking outside the "windows" realm and while I have wanted to pay attention and join in the discussion, I haven't had time, but what I heard made me smile.
A very intelligent move, going from I.T. to E.T. for one reason and one reason alone, You can never have too much knowledge and hell, after you graduate, you can pretty much do whatever you want.

If you ever have a question just ask. My Primary background is networking and *NIX applications and I am quite adept at both. Yeah Mr. P told me about the forums last night and I had a good laugh about it (if you wanna know come find me and I will explain)...

To bad I didn't think about this back when i started, oh wait that's because I haven't had time up until about now to do it Laughing

The move was the smartest thing i ever did. The down turn in the economy is proving that IT Departments are getting Smaller, a good friend of mine is having to move back to the ICT from Seattle because the IT Dept. for the company she works for is being handed over to contractors as a cost cutting measure. Neither her or I can talk about who she works for (the kind of job that I can tell you but i would have to kill you) but they are a large defense company located in the Seattle area.

She is well above my head in the IT world. She has a masters degree in Computer Engineering, MCSE, CEH (certified ethical hacker), A+, N+, Server +, Linux Certified, as well as others from HP and such.

She is the Senior UNIX Administrator for the above company until Feb 1 then the boot she gets. She is hoping another job she has applied for pans out before that time but if it doesn't she is planning to move back here and start her own Pen. Testing company.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Intro soon to be outro   Intro soon to be outro EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 3:46 am

I wish they taught more outside of the MS world at WTI, I love the school and my classmates, but honestly, they need to update their technology (for instance, this board should have been on their site) and they need to cater to all of the members of the IT field whether it be Nix or MS based.
Back to top Go down
smart115
WTI Nub
WTI Nub

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Always could use a heads up   Intro soon to be outro EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 7:32 pm

Hey Billie, I am just getting ready to finish Basic Elect. but would like to no more about jobs available or tips as to direction. I have been a salesmen , sales mgr. mfg. rep and or bus. owner all these years and decided it was time to get a skill.
Smart 115
(Brad Brown)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intro soon to be outro   Intro soon to be outro Empty

Back to top Go down

Intro soon to be outro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTI Student Forum's :: Introductions-
Jump to: