WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

introduction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
grasshoppa
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
grasshoppa

Number of posts : 14
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2008-12-12

introduction Empty
PostSubject: introduction   introduction EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Hello. I've been at WTI awhile now... in net+ at the moment. I totally love it. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tonysgirl77
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-12-09

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptySun Dec 14, 2008 11:03 pm

Welcome to WTI Student Forum's Grasshoppa. Glad to see people further along are starting to join cheers
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 am

werd, hell, I could use some words of encouragement and wisedom. What a Face

Out of curiousity, How is Net+ so far? I remember in Padgetts class, when id come from back from break, id hang out, outside of the Net+ class listening in.
Back to top Go down
grasshoppa
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
grasshoppa

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:47 am

Well, I really enjoy net+. It is all new stuff to me so I am really learning a lot. It is the most difficult so far, but it isnt too difficult. We are just getting into the fun part of net+. The cert is pretty tough from what I've heard though. Mr. Gulick is an awesome teacher once you get used to him. He can be a bit intense, but he knows his stuff. I havent had IT experience prior to WTI so all of it is pretty interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 9:59 am

Will the next class even have Gulik? I thought he would be leaving the school following this quarter?
Back to top Go down
grasshoppa
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
grasshoppa

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 10:06 am

He WAS going to leave, but he decided to stay after all Smile
Back to top Go down

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:03 pm

shhhhh, but I am actually a bit scared of Mr. Gulik. Seriously.

I don't do well with intense people.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:08 pm

grasshoppa wrote:

Excellent. I was kind of dissappointed he was leaving, Ive been looking forward to his class since Fundamentals. I like the fact that he's into more than just what hes teaching, such over clocking and things of that nature and to be honest, I appreciate his sense of humour.
Back to top Go down
grasshoppa
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
grasshoppa

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:18 pm

HasidicEnforcer wrote:

Lol..I was totally scared my very first week of MCP with him... terrified... but he loosens up. As Padgett puts it, he is an 'aquired taste'. Now he is my favorite teacher. Just don't do anything stupid like surf the web or play games during lecture and you are all good.

He really does teach well. The subject matter can get so dry and boring, but he keeps us awake for sure!
Back to top Go down

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:23 pm

grasshoppa wrote:

Lol..I was totally scared my very first week of MCP with him... terrified... but he loosens up. As Padgett puts it, he is an 'aquired taste'. Now he is my favorite teacher. Just don't do anything stupid like surf the web or play games during lecture and you are all good.

He really does teach well. The subject matter can get so dry and boring, but he keeps us awake for sure!

That's nice, and I wouldn't dare dream of it, but I am still scared.

Yes, being honest here, I think he will probably scare me enough to make me nervous and cry a bit.

But then again, my nerves have been pretty shot lately, so I am a bit more high strung than normal. Sad
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:24 pm

grasshoppa wrote:
HasidicEnforcer wrote:

Rosas is the same way. The first night in Rosas' class I was about to walk out, but once you understand where he's coming from he's pretty cool. They have to let the students know that they aren't going to tolerate delinquency and that's understandable.
Back to top Go down

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:27 pm

skarekr0 wrote:

Rosas is the same way. The first night in Rosas' class I was about to walk out, but once you understand where he's coming from he's pretty cool. They have to let the students know that they aren't going to tolerate delinquency and that's understandable.

I guess because I had met Mr. Rosas before, I felt more comfortable around him. I mean, I actually got to talk and 'feel him out' when in Mr. Padgett's class. (Remember when I would bring in food and tell Mr. Padgett to give some to Mr. Rosas?)

I don't know.

Hell, I don't even know if I am EVER going to take my 601, much less my 602....

Life is just throwing me curveballs left and right lately.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:41 pm

HasidicEnforcer wrote:
skarekr0 wrote:

I guess because I had met Mr. Rosas before, I felt more comfortable around him. I mean, I actually got to talk and 'feel him out' when in Mr. Padgett's class. (Remember when I would bring in food and tell Mr. Padgett to give some to Mr. Rosas?)

I don't know.

Hell, I don't even know if I am EVER going to take my 601, much less my 602....

Life is just throwing me curveballs left and right lately.

If nothing else, I would definently suggest getting both your 601 and 602, you dont have to do it right away but everyone in this industry expects you to have those two things. Personally, I think you should go for them all because the more certs you have the more money you're going to make and after all, thats what you're going to school for. Honestly, if you have enough ambition to go to school in the first place, you have enough ambition to get your certs, so have a little faith in yourself. Life's a pain in the ass and can get in your way, but you have to look to the future and set your priorities. Don't let the little things hold you down.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:42 pm

skarekr0 wrote:
grasshoppa wrote:

Excellent. I was kind of dissappointed he was leaving, Ive been looking forward to his class since Fundamentals. I like the fact that he's into more than just what hes teaching, such over clocking and things of that nature and to be honest, I appreciate his sense of humour.

Im the same way. It will be nice to be with a teacher thats more of a "hardcore" pc nerd like me and Kyle. Not to say anything bad about Mr. Rosas, because hes good at what he does. But being taught by somebody thats actually fiddled with Voltages and Frequency's sounds amazing right now.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 12:46 pm

skarekr0 wrote:
If nothing else, I would definently suggest getting both your 601 and 602, you dont have to do it right away but everyone in this industry expects you to have those two things. Personally, I think you should go for them all because the more certs you have the more money you're going to make and after all, thats what you're going to school for. Honestly, if you have enough ambition to go to school in the first place, you have enough ambition to get your certs, so have a little faith in yourself. Life's a pain in the ass and can get in your way, but you have to look to the future and set your priorities. Don't let the little things hold you down.

Well put Obi-wan

introduction Obi-wan460
Back to top Go down

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 1:00 pm

I agree whole-heartedly, however, there is a lot riding on me getting my certs, which makes it even scarier for me. If I fail, I feel like I am not only disappointing myself, but Mr. Rosas and my Daughter, ya know?

With that much pressure, and my ability to just have the most unbelievable brain gas when I take exams, the outcome of me actually passing looks grim.

Plus, with y'all coming back and telling me how hard is it, and then just kinda brushing off me asking, well actually, begging for help, I kind of lose faith in myself.

I know that y'all wouldn't be at WTI if you really didn't want or need these certifications, but my case is a bit different.

I sacrificed more than y'all know to get here and get these. I no longer have my daughter, JUST so I could go to WTI. I want to change my life, get a more legit job, and provide her with a respectable mother that she can look up to.

This isn't just so I can get certs for what I already know, or to get a raise at work, this is my life.

I don't get my daughter back until I graduate.

Just a little bit more stress than I was ready for, ya know?

So add that to the fact that my boyfriend is undergoing his last attempt at chemo for his lymphoma and the prognosis ain't good, my stress is way up there. I have been advised to take a LOA, but then that means it will be 3 MORE months before I get to see my daughter again.

I know this sounds silly, but yes, I am scared. I have been scared since I started. And as it goes on, I become more and more frightened that I will fail and disappoint those whom look up to me and NEED me to succeed.

I am not like many of you.

It is hard for me to retain this knowledge. I mean, I know tons about computers from hands-on experience, but G-d Dang it! I need a little help when it come down to it.

I don't know what to study for the 601. Or the 602. Apparently the dang Pass4Sure's ain't gonna help me.

I just want my A+. I will be happy once I get that. Really. Not much to ask, and I know I could do better, but for right now, I just want that. I NEED that.

And I don't know how many times my asking for someone to just show a little bit of kindness and help me study for this is going to be taken as a joke or lightly.

I would pay gladly whatever money I could for just someone's time to help me.

I am scared. This is me. I might pretend and blow it off in class, but I am scared.

Sorry.

I guess I will just see y'all in class tonight.
Back to top Go down
grasshoppa
WTI Nub
WTI Nub
grasshoppa

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 3:02 pm

Definately get those certs done while the knowledge is still fresh in your mind. 601 and 602 are not hard...as long as you have been learning and retaining the info. And 602 is pretty much the same as 601. I was a total newb so I waited til the end of the quarter to take mine so I would know as much as possible. .. Whats the deal with the pass4sures not gonna help? Have they changed the cert test recently?
Back to top Go down

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyMon Dec 15, 2008 6:08 pm

grasshoppa wrote:
Definately get those certs done while the knowledge is still fresh in your mind. 601 and 602 are not hard...as long as you have been learning and retaining the info. And 602 is pretty much the same as 601. I was a total newb so I waited til the end of the quarter to take mine so I would know as much as possible. .. Whats the deal with the pass4sures not gonna help? Have they changed the cert test recently?

Yes. From what I have heard, the new cert tests no longer follow the old pass4sures. Instead of a pool of 500(?) questions, they now pull from a pool of 5000 questions.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyTue Dec 16, 2008 1:39 am

HasidicEnforcer wrote:
I agree whole-heartedly, however, there is a lot riding on me getting my certs, which makes it even scarier for me. If I fail, I feel like I am not only disappointing myself, but Mr. Rosas and my Daughter, ya know?

With that much pressure, and my ability to just have the most unbelievable brain gas when I take exams, the outcome of me actually passing looks grim.

Plus, with y'all coming back and telling me how hard is it, and then just kinda brushing off me asking, well actually, begging for help, I kind of lose faith in myself.

I know that y'all wouldn't be at WTI if you really didn't want or need these certifications, but my case is a bit different.

I sacrificed more than y'all know to get here and get these. I no longer have my daughter, JUST so I could go to WTI. I want to change my life, get a more legit job, and provide her with a respectable mother that she can look up to.

This isn't just so I can get certs for what I already know, or to get a raise at work, this is my life.

I don't get my daughter back until I graduate.

Just a little bit more stress than I was ready for, ya know?

So add that to the fact that my boyfriend is undergoing his last attempt at chemo for his lymphoma and the prognosis ain't good, my stress is way up there. I have been advised to take a LOA, but then that means it will be 3 MORE months before I get to see my daughter again.

I know this sounds silly, but yes, I am scared. I have been scared since I started. And as it goes on, I become more and more frightened that I will fail and disappoint those whom look up to me and NEED me to succeed.

I am not like many of you.

It is hard for me to retain this knowledge. I mean, I know tons about computers from hands-on experience, but G-d Dang it! I need a little help when it come down to it.

I don't know what to study for the 601. Or the 602. Apparently the dang Pass4Sure's ain't gonna help me.

I just want my A+. I will be happy once I get that. Really. Not much to ask, and I know I could do better, but for right now, I just want that. I NEED that.

And I don't know how many times my asking for someone to just show a little bit of kindness and help me study for this is going to be taken as a joke or lightly.

I would pay gladly whatever money I could for just someone's time to help me.

I am scared. This is me. I might pretend and blow it off in class, but I am scared.

Sorry.

I guess I will just see y'all in class tonight.

Not to be harsh here, but everyone has problems, everyone gets scared and no ones problems are more severe than anyone else's. You have to understand that while your daughter may take precedence in your life, someone else's lack of car insurance fundage or the inability to pay their bills is just as important to the other person. I lost my first daughter when she was a year and a half old, since that time ive seen her maybe a hand full of times and more than likely won't see her again until she's an adult. So instead of crying over spilled milk, You should be appreciative that you still have a carton of milk in the fridge, but its going to take some effort to get up and get another glass.

All im really getting out of that post is excuses. You have to decide for yourself what's important to you, set your goals and have a little faith in yourself. Nobody else can do this for you and you need to understand that.

As far as help goes, This forum is based around that principal, We wanted to implement a forum for those people who needed help because as it stands, People get split off into groups and people end up answering the same questions over and over again. This shortens the process and assists people who may need help at home.
And as far as "outside of the class room help" goes, im sure you may not think about this, but a lot of people in this class are Married and have Families as well as a full time job and when it comes down to it, the wives aren't going to understand running off to help a class mate (specifically a female class mate) with her homework or what have you and no offense to anyone in the school, but im not going to cause myself martial grief over anyone regardless of who they are or what gender. My family takes priority and the top spot in my time slots and I can tell you now that i'm not alone in this thought process. It's nothing personal, but im having to do the same work as everyone else and having to maintain a life that's full of obstacles just as much as the next person, it all boils down to how bad you want it. If you need help in class, you need to speak up and not brush it off, im sure youve seen that im willing to help as many people as I can and if you need help outside of class, then come here and ask a question, typically when someone has the time, they will attempt to assist you, but you can't expect people to jump immediately.

Again, im sorry if this comes off as harsh or I seem like an insensitive *****, but I believe in brutal honesty and sometimes, people need to hear the truth in order to straighten themselves out. There's no doubt in my mind that you can accomplish anything you want to accomplish, but the first thing you need to do is stop making excuses for failures that haven't even happened yet. A little faith in yourself will go a long way.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: introduction   introduction EmptyWed Dec 17, 2008 6:50 pm

Thread Killer
Back to top Go down