WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windows 7 and Adobe.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Windows 7 and Adobe. Empty
PostSubject: Windows 7 and Adobe.   Windows 7 and Adobe. EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:45 pm

I've had windows 7 up and running for some time now on my system without any problems. Among one of the programs that i've had running since installing Windows 7 is Adobe CS3 Master Collection.
I've recently decided to upgrade to the Adobe CS4 Master Collection which Disabled my network adapter.

The Summary:
Intel Quad Core Q6600
680i Nvidia Chipset Mother board.
4 GBs of DDR 2 800 RAM
320 GB HDD SATA system Drive
400 GB HDD IDE storage drive
9600 GT Sonic edition 1GB GPU

Process:
Uninstall CS3 Master Collect and all of it's components.
Run CCleaner to get rid of any registry conflicts.
Install CS4 Master Collection.
Problem: Network Adapter is not correctly configured for TCP/IP Protocol.
Solution: Uninstall CS4.
Run CCleaner.
Go to command prompt and type : netsh int ip reset (to rebuild the TCP/IP)
Successful. Network is now working.
Reinstall CS3 MC.
Problem: Network again is no longer configured correctly.
Go to command prompt and type : netsh int ip reset.
Still not getting a connection.
Uninstall CS3 MC.
Run CCleaner.
Command Prompt and type : Netsh int ip reset.
Successful.

I then decide to go ahead and reformat because after going through and cleaning the registry manually, running ccleaner to pick up anything I may have missed, so on and so forth, I kept running into the same problem and Photoshop is a program that I desperately need.

Problem: Upon reformating I encountered an error saying that windows 7 could not be installed after deleting the partition and formatting it. the error read something along the lines of "system could not install on selected partition or find any existing system files" (not word for word but close enough).

Solution: Remove all other drives from the configuration which proved to be successful.

Problem: I am currently not getting a GUI for Windows 7. I still have some troubleshooting to do as this is as far as I have made it so far.

Solution: Remove all periphreal devices from PC until drivers are installed. (i've actually talked to some of my classmates about this before, ironically.)

Currently: Up and running, installing CS3 Master collection Minus Photoshop CS3 and will later install Photoshop CS4
CS3 MC up and running without problems.
Photoshop CS4 up and running correctly...

All is well in the Land of Flawz.
Back to top Go down

Windows 7 and Adobe.
Page 1 of 1