WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
WTI Student Forum's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WTI Student Forum's

Welcome to the WTI Students forum! Here we can ask each other questions about homework, post key points to study, talk about something that happened at school, or just random conversation. Its up to you!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Decision time.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Number of posts : 242
Field : I.T.
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 12:15 am

Alright, So i've decided. With my tax refund, im going to end up with the Thermaltake Armour+ (which is a freaking monster), GTX 295, two Scythe fans for the lower portion of the Armour+, a Xcilio "Amazing fan" for the top exhaust and a 1TB 32MB cache 7200 RPM Hard Drive.
As well as a Thermaltake Armour+ MX (Mid tower that is almost comparable to a full tower) for school. That will leave me with about $400 to put back.

When we get our movie checks (or whatever extra money I come across) I will upgrade to the I7 platform, complete with 4GB of OCZ Flex Ex DDR3 2000 and Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler which will run me a little over $800.

I can't wait for the movie checks. afro

Last edited by skarekr0 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 7:41 am

You spelled decision wrong.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:18 am

hunterrose wrote:
You spelled decision wrong.

So I did.... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Number of posts : 228

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 9:48 am

Kyle your crazy man. That's alot of computer. The one you have now can do so much. But do what you must. After all, who am I to judge, im just a Jahova's witness Sad
Back to top Go down
https://wtistudents1.forumotion.com
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 am

Jlong wrote:
Kyle your crazy man. That's alot of computer. The one you have now can do so much. But do what you must. After all, who am I to judge, im just a Jahova's witness Sad

lol!

I love my current computer, but its a little outdated and I have to stay on top of these things for some reason or another. My E-peen has to be huge otherwise I feel inadequate. it's a curse.

Tragically, I don't have time to play a lot of games and im not really sure what exactly will take advantage of it, but I feel that I have to experience the raw power that is the I7 and DDR3 Tri-Channel RAM.
The only thing that bothers me is making the switch from the NVidia Chipset to the Intel Chipset. I much prefer NVidia's boards to that of Intels... My XFX has been flawless throughout the last couple of years where as my wife's board keeps giving her problems here and there and the only real difference between our configurations is the chipset.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:12 am

I don't know man. My Gigabyte board that was in my rig that Ive been bringing to class was an Intel chipset. My HTPC is an Intel chipset. The board that's in my new school rig is an intel chipset. I dont really have problems with them but if you do I can see where it would suck to be forced to purchase one.
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:18 am

Jlong wrote:
I don't know man. My Gigabyte board that was in my rig that Ive been bringing to class was an Intel chipset. My HTPC is an Intel chipset. The board that's in my new school rig is an intel chipset. I dont really have problems with them but if you do I can see where it would suck to be forced to purchase one.

I need to do a memory check on my wife's computer and see if it's possibly the RAM giving her problems. I originally had 2 gigs in it and bought her another 4 gigs because she multi-tasks multi-tasking. When she works, she has just about every program on her computer running on top of 7-8 instances of fire fox open, so her pc was being kind of sluggish (imagine that). However, lately her pc's been blue screening randomly and I can't tell why.
With the chipset ordeal, a lot of the programs that my computer doesn't have a problem running, we can't seem to get them to install correctly on hers and that's where I think the chipset is causing the problem, though i'm not entirely sure, I havent had a lot of time to actually sit down and trouble shoot it.
Back to top Go down
Jlong
Admin
Admin
Jlong

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:22 am

Well I assume because its you, your both running x64bit? I wont explain why that matters as you already know, just checking. Do you know of a firefox add-on that lets you tab through your tabs, like alt-tab goes through your open items?
Back to top Go down
skarekr0
Admin
Admin
skarekr0

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 am

I use foxtabs and some tab preview add on that brings up a screenshot of the page when you mouse over the tab (kind of like vista's task preview), it's called tab scope.
And yes, we're both running x64, she was running x86 before I got her more RAM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Decision time. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Decision time.   Decision time. Empty

Back to top Go down

Decision time.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WTI Student Forum's :: Controlled Chaos :: Projects-
Jump to: